We recommend no matter how busy you are, you should always tidy your office at the end of the day. This could be as easy as putting your folders back in the filing cabinet or putting your writing utensils in the drawer. If you stay on top of it, your office will always stay clean and organized. Investing in these organization supplies will keep your items in order and easily accessible. Your home office’s wall space is prime real estate for storage and organization tools. Rather than keeping your calendar, to-do lists, and file organizers on your desk, hang them on the wall! This will not only keep them visible, but it will help keep your desk clear so you can do your best work.
- Go through your old messages and delete anything you no longer need.
- This leaves room for more useable surface space on the desk, as well a corner for supplies.
- We’ve created 10 best tips for office organization to help get you started and back on track.
- They also work incredibly well for storing papers and other important documents.
- Dress up the space just like you would a traditional office with a task lamp, greenery and other productivity boosters.
- Put a shelf behind or beside your desk to store your dictionary, calendar and any other books you use often.
- Keep calendars and important lists in plain sight in an attractive way using acrylic cork boards with gold binder clips.
Add storage baskets to your shelves to organize the larger items that you can’t really seem to find a home for. Getting your home office in order can really boost your productivity and cut down on clutter and stress in your everyday life, so why wait?
Wrap Up Your Wrapping Paper
The cubbies, computer stand, androomy woven basketson this desk are there to help keep everything organized. And the houseplants, terrarium, and framed art look warm and inviting. Plus, a set of lightweight desktop drawers works well as a catch-all for clutter. If you have the space and budget, consider bringing in a bank of cabinets home office tips to improve your organization. A wall of built-in cabinets in this office by Rookery Design keeps items out of the way. Top cabinets with a countertop for extra workspace, or, head to IKEA for cabinetry that you can customize to fit in your office. The Lovely DrawerDesktop paper holders and paper sorters are perennial office staples.
A simple penholder can do wonders for your home office tidiness. No longer will you have pens and pencils rolling around your desk or dropping to the floor! Some penholders, like the one in the home office storage idea above, even come with bonus features like Post-it note holders and additional compartments.
Home Organization Tips and Tricks to Get Your Space in Order
For several years she was the host of POPSUGAR’s Eat the Trend where she recreated food trends at home using easy and accessible recipes. Brandi’s work has been featured on Food Network, Cooking Channel, People Magazine, E! Use our Online Design Tool to create a space, or, contact your local dealer today.
- Also, a paper tray organizer offers a good way to organize smaller items too.
- At the start of the month, fill in any important deadlines or events, and then add to it as the weeks pass.
- You can use your memo board as a sleek way to display photos, or even to leave important notes and reminders for yourself.
- While you’re at it, consider getting an outbox to handle all the paperwork that needs to be filed.
- Keep sticky notes, business cards and flash drives in their own compartments to easily grab and go.