This requires patience and determination to solve difficult technical problems from a remote location. An information engineer is responsible for monitoring the efficiency of computer systems and network infrastructure, performing configuration to boost the optimal performance of the technology systems. Information engineers assist end-users in resolving network issues, identifying the source of inconsistencies, and create resolution reports for reference to avoid reoccurrence. They also design new network systems according to business needs and client specifications, running multiple diagnostic tests to ensure effectiveness before the release of final deliverables. An information engineer should have excellent technical skills, as well as a strong command of programming languages and system codes.
- SonarSource’s IT Operations team is looking for a HelpDesk Engineer to provide support to our growing number of users.
- Customer-service skills involve listening skills that allow you to communicate efficiently and respectfully with a customer.
- You will primarily operate in a Windows environment and are expected to provide end user support and will require various troubleshooting functions as necessary.
- While help desk engineer responsibilities can utilize skills like “escalate,” “java,” “sharepoint,” and “iii,” some desk support technicians use skills like “email,” “phone calls,” “android,” and “sccm.”
- What’s more, is that the projected number of opportunities that are predicted to become available for a help desk engineer by 2028 is 83,100.
- Work with co-workers, customer & technical support in isolating and solving problems.
In contrast, help desk engineers make the biggest average salary of $67,498 in the finance industry. Those help desk engineers who do attend college, typically earn either computer science degrees or computer information systems degrees. Less commonly earned degrees for help desk engineers include information technology degrees or business degrees.
A desktop support technician is responsible for assisting end-users with their network issues, grant authorization requests, and create user accounts. Desktop help desk engineer support technicians maintain the safety and security of networks, preventing unauthorized access and illegal dissemination of database information.
- If yes, we strongly believe that you will enjoy each single working day at KMS Technology where you certainly contribute to the company’s growth and sharpen your experience and expertise every day.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Worked with hardware vendors for warranty parts replacements of desktops, laptops and tablet PCs.
- The base salary for Help Desk Engineer ranges from $56,057 to $70,226 with the average base salary of $62,528.
- In fact, they earn a $11,729 lower salary than help desk engineers per year.
Here are examples of responsibilities from real help desk engineer resumes representing typical tasks they are likely to perform in their roles. The average IT help desk job salary is between $55,000-$65,000 but this can vary depending on the company and level of experience.
Help Desk Engineer Salary in the United States
They also handle the software configurations and upgrading the network infrastructure to avoid system downtimes and operational delays. A desktop support technician must have excellent communication and technical skills to monitor systems performance and enhance network navigation. A service desk engineer is a front-line computer technician who interacts directly with customers. The person in this job is a technical support employee who helps people troubleshoot computer problems. A technician must have strong communication skills and the ability to solve technical issues.